Youth Group Fundraisers
How we manage Student Accounts
Our Youth Group Bookkeeping Team (comprised of Adult volunteers) keep track of every student’s fundraising account (7th-12th grade).
Student Account funds can be used for the following offiste retreats only: onMission/LIFE trip, Student Leadership retreat, Disciple Now, Winter Camp
Student Account funds cannot:
- Be retrieved for non-retreat use. (We are not a bank.)
- Be retrieved at the completion of high school. (They are transferred after each grade 7-11.)
- Be transferred to another student’s account (unless siblings).
- Contributions to a specific student’s account are not tax-deductible.
Students will receive a monthly account update in their church mailbox or at youth group.
We provide streamlined fundraising opportunities that have proven to be the most effective.
- Students will only receive money in their student account for the fundraising activities in which they participate.
- It is a student’s decision in what and how many fundraisers they do.
- Please understand that our youth staff/leaders’s primary role is spiritual care and leadership. Therefore, staff leadership of fundraising activity is limited.
Rent-A-Teen [Anytime, 7th-12th grade]
- Ask neighbors and family if they have any labor in which you can help.
- Place the cash or check (made out to Bloomingdale Church Youth Group) in an envelope with a Trip Tix in the Student Account mailbox.
Coffee Sales [Fall, 7th-12th grade]
In the fall, we sell delicious coffee produced by Second Chance Coffee Company under their brand “I Have a Bean”. There are several reasons we have chosen this coffee company. One is their mission of employing former offenders, men and women who many consider to be “not worth the trouble”. Another is the fact that they only select coffee from the top 1% and they are a local company located right down the street in Wheaton, IL. You can find much more of their story is at their website, www.ihaveabean.com.Coffee Info Printable Coffee Order Sheet “The Hope Roaster” [CTonline article]WheatonPatch article
Plant Sales [Spring, 7-12th Grade]
Students will receive a sales packet in March (in church mailbox; at Youth Group; online). Sales must be turned in by pre-determined date in mid-April. All participants and their guardian/parent must participate in the delivery day (Saturday in May). Click on tabs to see exact sale dates.Plant Sales Instructions Flower Pictures Customer Receipt Plant Sales Order Sheet
BCRentateen [Anytime, 7th-12th grade]
- Throughout the year, various needs within the church or from church members can be assisted by students. (This is funded by the Deacons and youth group.)
- Students will be called for specific opportunities as they become available.
- Students who demonstrate a positive work-ethic will be contacted first.
- YOU MUST FILL OUT A “TRIP TIX,” HAVE IT SIGNED BY THE ADULT SUPERVISOR, AND PUT IT IN THE STUDENT ACCOUNTS MAILBOX TO GET CREDIT ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT.
Donations/Payment [Anytime, 7th-12th grade]
- Cash/Check: Place the cash or check (made out to Bloomingdale Church Youth Group) in an envelope with a Trip Tix in the Student Account mailbox.
Winter Banquet [Must be fully committed to summer onMission trip to participate]
- Students prepare throughout late December and January.
- To participate
- Student must be available in evenings of Thursday-Saturday (TBD)
- At least one parent of each student must sign-up for a support role.