A safe and welcoming place for 7th-12th grade students to develop friendships, be mentored, and discover Jesus.
Our Youth Ministry has three key ministry programming focuses: Community Outreach, Discipleship, and Care.
Our programming and events always reflect at least one of these core focuses.
- Being a safe place for students: Students must feel like they “belong” first, and then hopefully they will “believe.”
- Being present in our community
- Providing a space for spiritual conversations
- Living out Christ’s mission to share His good news
Luke 10:2 | He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Acts 17:22-23 | Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship—and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.
- Large community gathering for worship, prayer, learning, application, and friendship
- Small groups for students who want to “go deeper”
- Leadership development opportunities
- Encouragement and coaching from caring adult leaders and mentoring
Hebrews 10:24-25 | And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Acts 2:1 | …they were all together in one place.
- Connecting each student with at least five Christ-following adults who will walk alongside them as they become mature confident adults
- Parent support, development, encouragement
- Volunteer care and development
1 Corinthians 11:1 | Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Joshua 1:9 | Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Core Values: What We Want to Be About
Youth Group Manual
Our Youth Group Manual describes our ministry vision, programs, parent support, and answers many questions about involvement in our Youth Group. Youth Group Manual