On February 26-27, we will host our annual Winter Banquet. There are many reasons why this will be our eighteenth edition.
Reason one: The Winter Banquet gives students an opportunity to be a part of something big. They may not receive a part in their school play or get elected to student government, but we are happy to give them opportunities to work together writing the play, acting, leading their peers, and serving as waiters.
Reason two: The Winter Banquet helps students build a community. Whenever you put time and sweat into a team production, a sense of trust and collaboration is built.
Reason three: The Winter Banquet gives adults an excuse to go out for a night to enjoy friendship, food, and entertainment. It is also a fantastic reason to invite a friend disconnected from faith to “something at my church.”
Reason four: The Winter Banquet supports our teens as they raise money for their trips. This summer, our students will be serving as a youth group in South Elgin and on the inter-generational Palestine team.
If you are an adult, we invite you to be our guest on Fri Feb 26 or Sat Feb 27. You can purchase tickets here:
If you are a 7th-12th grade student , we hope you will commit to be a part of the Winter Banquet team:
- Sat Jan 9 (9-11:30am): Prep & Play Practice (You must be present to receive acting part.)
- Sat Jan 23 (9-11:30am): Prep & Play Practice
- Sat Feb 6 (9:30-11:30am): Prep & Play Practice
- Sat Feb 20 (9:30-11:30am): Prep & Play Practice
- Thur Feb 25 (6:30-9pm): Setup/Dress rehearsal (All must be present)
- Fri Feb 26 (4:30-10pm): Event (All must be present)
- Sat Feb 27 (5:30-10:15pm) (All must be present)
Please note the following student participation requirements:
- Plan to attend a 2016 youth group retreat or LIFE trip.
- Attend at least one Saturday practice/prep (Jan 9, Jan 23, Feb 6, Feb 20).
- Attend all of Feb 25 setup and Feb 26-27 event.
- Parent/Guardian participation is strongly encouraged.