Departure: Fri Feb 6 @ 5pm, Bloomingdale Church
Arrival: Sun Feb 8 @ 3pm (Students can call when we are 30 minutes away.)
Please pack in a soft-shell duffle bag. Always pack as light as possible.
|Bagged dinner for trip on Friday night||Bible (Pen, Journal)||Sleeping Bag & Pillow|
|Towel & Toiletries (toothbrush/paste, deodorant, soap/shampoo)||Comfortable, warm, modest clothing for 3 days/2 nights||Extra socks|
|Additional warm clothes (such as a hoodie), extra socks||You are welcome to bring additional snacks.||Waterproof boots (if possible)|
|Warm jacket (waterproof if possible)||Hats/scarves/gloves||Any medications need to be “checked in” upon arrival|
Do not pack: electronic devices (iPods,etc) or weapons (including knives). Cell phones are allowed, but must be kept off (except for emergency use).
If a student needs to bring medications:
- Parents/Guardians must email email@example.com before the trip to let us know they will be bringing the medication, what it is for, and what the schedule for taking it is. (This information will be kept confidential among the leaders.)
- It is up to parents/guardians to decide if their student can manage their medications on their own. If so, students are allowed to keep their medication. If not, their leader will keep the medication and administer it. (Our adult leaders will assist in making sure a student takes their medications if needed.)
- If attending a trip to Expeditions Unlimited (ex: Winter Camp), the camp policy states that medications must be administered by leaders.
Retreats are an opportunity to not only “retreat” from our busy schedules, but also “retreat” from our continual use of electronics.
Cell phones are allowed, if the following are observed on retreats and onMission trips:
- You may use your cell phone to contact your parent during free-time, if you receive permission.
- You may keep your cell phone for emergency use.
- You must share your cell phone number with the leader (via permission form).
The following cell phone/mobile device use is not allowed:
- Texting, watching media, playing games, online, social media, and using apps.
- Using your cell phone/mobile device during teaching sessions, seminars, or any group time (except a “Bible App”).
Students who chose to use their cell phone/mobile device will be asked to give the device to their leader:
1st offense: remainder of day; 2nd offense: remainder of trip.
Students may use an adult leader’s phone to call home when appropriate.
Zero Tolerance Policy
We maintain zero tolerance for violence; harassment; possession of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons. Students who do not comply will be immediately removed. Parents/guardians will be informed and asked to pick up their student.
- We will be respectful of God, of each other, and of ourselves.
- We will clean up before going home, including any space we used and taking time to clean up the vehicles.
- We will use appropriate language with one another.
- We will keep our contact brief and appropriate with others.