Adult Youth Leaders
Youth Leaders and parents of students serve as a unified team, focusing on specific ministry areas we are gifted and passionate about, while joyfully serving alongside each other:
- Coffeehouse – Food
- Coffeehouse – Hospitality
- Coffeehouse – Check-In Host
- Coffeehouse – Parent Host
- Coffeehouse – Leader
- Coffeehouse – Gym Game Leader
- Sunday Youth Group – Leader
- Sunday Youth Group – Parent Hospitality
- Small Group – Facilitator
- Small Group – Parent Driver
- Small Group – Host Home
- DiscipleNow Retreat – Host Home
- DiscipleNow Retreat – Small Group Leader
- Youth Group Support – Administrative
- Youth Group Support – Bookkeeping Team
- Mentor (Mentoring Project
NextGen Volunteer Policy & Application
- NextGen Volunteering with Minor’s Policy [View PDF]
- NextGen Volunteer Application [Complete Now]
- NextGen Volunteer Application [Printable PDF]
NextGen Volunteer Process
- Meet the NextGen Volunteering Requirements:
- An active Christ-follower, investing in personal spiritual growth and modeling Christ-like qualities
- Regularly attending Bloomingdale Church for at least six months
- Complete NextGen Volunteer Application:
- Fill out the application online or turn into the NextGen Volunteers mailbox
- Fill out information for background check
- Application review:
- Application reviewed by Pastoral Staff
- References contacted
- Background check cleared
- Volunteer status approval. You will be contacted by the NextGen Staff to discuss ministry placement and next steps (See below). We are always glad to meet in person too.
- Your application is valid for one year (ending September 1, 2017). You must complete a new application every year between May 15 – September 1. Bloomingdale Church can revoke permission granted to volunteer with minors if a volunteer’s behavior is in question.
The Youth Staff serve on our pastoral staff team to support, promote, and lead the youth ministry.
STAFFING BASED ON YOUTH GROUP “CORE FOCUSES”
- Each Youth Staff has “core responsibilities” as well as “shared team responsibilities.”
- Youth Staff members are accountable to work as a team under the direction of Lead Youth Pastor.
- Each Youth Staff has Bloomingdale Church staff responsibilities outside of the Youth Ministry.
SHARED YOUTH STAFF ROLES
- Share leadership at Friday Night Coffeehouse.
- Rotate as lead & support roles in youth ministry events, retreats, and fundraisers (ex: Disciple Now, Winter Camp, Crash, Winter Banquet, onMission trips, LIFE). Report progress at Youth Staff meetings.
- Work as a team to facilitate Student Internship.
- Support Lead Youth Pastor. Promote Mentoring Project and promote parent and volunteer care.)
- Support Community Outreach Director, participating in serving initiatives, and/or outreach events. Help promote Youth Alpha.
- Support Discipleship Director, by promoting Sunday Morning Youth Group, small group, and discipleship initiatives.
NEXTGEN PASTOR // Daniel [& Amy] Riemenschneider
Pastoral Care of 11-12th Grade Students, Youth Staff Team Leader, Youth Ministry Vision Casting, Communications/Marketing; Mentoring Project; Parents, Volunteer Care, Media & Communications (web, video, digital signage, social media, branding)
Daniel Riemenschneider has served as the Youth and Media pastor since 2004. As Lead Youth Pastor, he oversees the youth ministry team, communication of mission,The Mentoring Project, and parents and volunteer care. Daniel enjoys serving students because he was positively influenced by caring adults in this community as a teenager himself. As Media Pastor, Daniel loves his involvement in the video team, web development, and overseeing the church’s brand and social media. Daniel attended Toccoa Falls College(Georgia) and completed a Master’s degree in Educational Ministries and a second degree in Counseling at Wheaton College. He enjoys spending time with his wife, daughter, and sons, friends and family, graphic design, exploring the outdoors and climbing the taller peaks of the Rocky Mountains. Daniel married his longtime friend Amy in 2010. Amy enjoys serving the teens at church with Daniel as well as the larger community as a Registered Nurse at a local hospital. She loves spending time with her family, being a mom, and crafting.
YOUTH DISCIPLESHIP PASTOR // Nate [& Anna] Kugel
Pastoral Care of 7-8th Grade Students, Youth Discipleship (Sunday Morning Youth Group, Small Groups, Shepherding, Discipleship Prayer Team, PAK liaison), Saturday Worship Pastoral Care, Some Media Roles.
Nate and Anna were recently married in 2012. Nate and Anna are both 2013 graduates from Crown College. Nate studied Pastoral Leadership and Christian Studies, with a focus in Youth Ministry. Anna studied Elementary Education and Christian Studies with a focus in Pre-Primary Education. Nate plays guitar. He is a football fanatic and played the sport into his college years at Crown. He really is a “sports junky” enjoying all sports as well as cooking/grilling, hunting, board games, video games, and just being outside. Anna enjoys the outdoors as well, along with camping, playing her viola, gardening, basketball, photo editing, and running. They both come from Lincoln, Nebraska with a fiery passion for Cornhusker football and the occasional country music song. Nate and Anna love having people over, as well as going on trips and playing large group games. Their real excitement though is to be used by God to make a difference in the students’ lives at Bloomingdale Church causing them to grow ever stronger in their personal relationship with Him.
YOUTH COMMUNITY OUTREACH DIRECTOR // Danny Muñoz
Pastoral care of 9-10th grade students, Youth Community Outreach (Coffeehouse, Youth Alpha, Serving, FanVan, Prayer Team)
Danny became a member of the Christian & Missionary Alliance in 2009 when he began attending New Beginnings Christian Fellowship in Maywood, IL. There he had the honor of serving alongside wonderful men and women of God as part of the praise and worship team, youth ministry and teaching ministry. He began attending Bloomingdale Alliance Church in April of 2015, and stepped into the pastoral staff role in June. Danny serves as a youth pastor in the function of Youth Community Outreach Director. In this role, he helps organize and execute outreach and serving events for 7th-12th grade students. He is passionate about Jesus and people. Danny is currently pursuing a BA in Systematic Theology from Moody Bible Institute. Danny loves soccer, playing drums, biking, video gaming, eating Puerto Rican food, and spending time with family and friends.